91. Who founded the revolutionary militia ‘Red Shirt’?
(b) Tsar Alexander II
92. Who was Frederick Sorrieu?
(a) A Revolutionary
(b) Chancellor of Austria
(c) King of Frame
(d) French Artist
93. Vienna Congress was convened in 1815 for what purpose?
(a) To declare completion of German Unification.
(b) To restore conservative regime in Europe.
(c) To declare war against France.
(d) To start the process of Italian unification.
94. Which year was known as the year of dear bread?
95. Name the state which led the process of Italian unification?
(c) Sardinia Piedmont
96. Who said Cavour, Mazzini, and Garibaldi: three her brain, her soul, her sword?
(a) Victor Emmannual
(b) George Meredith
(c) Louis XVIII
97. Who followed the policy of Blood and Iron for national unification?
(b) Otto Von Bismark
98. United Kingdom of Great Britain came into existence in the year –
99. Who said that, Italy was merely a geographical expression?
100. Which one was not included in the Balkan Region?
(a) Croatia (b) Bosnia Harzegovina
101. Who was the king of France at the time of French Revolution?
(a) Marie Antoniate
(b) Louis XVI
(c) Czar Nicolas
(d) Edward II
102. Which one of the following was not the feature of Napoleonic code?
(a) Equality before the law
(b) Universal adult franchise
(c) right to property
(d) privileges based on birth
103. After Napoleon’s defeat, who captured the power of Europe?
(d) None of the above
104. Who remarked “When France Sneezes, the rest of Europe catches cold?
(a) Giuseppe Mazzini
(c) Louis Philippe
(d) Johann Gottfried
105. Which country had been part of the ‘Ottoman Empire’ since the 15th century?
106. Which country became full-fledged territorial state in Europe in the year 1789?
107. When was the first clear expression of nationalism noticed in Europe?
108. Which language was spoken for purposes of diplomacy in the mid 18th century in Europe?
109. Liberal-national mainly belong to which class?
(a) Elite class
(b) Educated middleclass elite
(c) Working class
110. Where was the first upheaval took place in July, 1803?
111. Which newly designed flag was chosen to replace the formal flag ‘Royal Standard’ in France?
(a) Union Jack
(c) White Saltire
(d) Red Cross
112. Which of the following reforms made the whole system in France more rational and efficient?
(a) Administrative reform
(b) Social reform
(c) Economic reform
(d) Political reform
113. What was the main occupation in the mid 18th century in Europe?
(a) Trade and commerce
(d) All of the above
114. What was the main feature of the pattern of land holding prevailing in the Eastern and Central
(b) Vast estates
(c) Small owners
115. Which country began to use language as a weapon of national resistance?