106. Which of the following regions in India possesses rich reserves of minerals and fossil fuels?
107. Laterite has been derived from the Greek word Later which means-
108. In which of the following states is overgrazing responsible for land degradation?
(a) Jharkhand and Odisha
(b) Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
(c) Punjab and Haryana
(d) Kerala and Tamil Nadu
109. The mountain share in the total land area is _________.
110. What is the percentage share of plains in the total land area?
111. When the top soil is washed away it is called as-
(a) sheet erosion
(b) later erosion
(c) soil erosion
(d) land erosion
112. What is strip cropping?
(a) Planting lines of trees
(b) Planting between water beds
(c) Cultivating making steps
(d) Strips of grass are left to grow between the crops
113. What are shelterbelts?
(a) Cultivating making steps
(b) Planting lines of trees to create shelter
(c) Planting huge bush plants in desert
(d) Planting near water beds
114. What is the contribution of shelter belts?
(a) To conserve water
(b) To conserve soil
(c) To stabilize sand dunes
(d) To maintain forests
115. What type of resources are rocks?
116. Water in the dams, forests, etc. is a _________ resource, which can be used in the future.
117. What is the main reason behind global ecological crisis such as global warming and
(a) Depletion of resources
(b) Accumulation of resources in a few hands
(c) Indiscriminate exploitation of resources
(d) Use of resources
118. From which five-year plan has India made concerted efforts for achieving the goals of resource planning?
(a) First five-year plan
(b) Fifth five-year plan
(c) Annual plans
(d) Tenth five-year plan
119. On the basis of ownership, plantation can be considered as which of the following types of resources?
(a) Individual resource
(b) Community owned resource
(c) National resource
(d) International resource
120. What is necessary for sustained quality of life and global peace?
(a) Stopping use of resources
(b) Saving resources for future
(c) Exploitation of resources
(d) Equitable distribution of resources