91. Which of the following state governments have raised the Krishna-Godavari dispute?
(a) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
(b) Gujarat and Rajasthan
(c) Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh
(d) Karnataka and Maharashtra
92. On which of the following rivers are the Tilaiya, Panchet, Maithon, Konar and Bokaro dams
93. Which of the following environmental damages are not induced due to multi-purpose
(a) Water-borne diseases and pests
(b) Pollution resulting from excessive use of water
(d) Volcanic activity
94. Which of the following river projects or groups of river projects provide hydroelectricity to
the industries of Maharashtra?
(a) Pravara Project and Koyna Project
(b) Hirakud Project
(c) Nagarjuna sagar Project and Tungabhadra project
(d) Ghataprabha Project and Mettur Project
95. Due to which of the following reasons are rooftop rainwater harvesting commonly practiced
particularly in Rajasthan?
(a) To store water for irrigation
(b) To keep house cool
(c) To store drinking water
(d) To clean rooftop
96. Which of the following dams are part of Chambal project?
(a) Maithon, Panchet, Tilaiya, Konar, Bokaro
(b) Pravara, Ramagundam
(c) Rana Pratap Sagar, Gandhi Sagar
(d) Sardar Sarovar Dam
97. Which of the following is not a method of water harvesting used in Rajasthan?
98. On which of the following rivers Tehri Dam is constructed?
99. Salal Dam is built on which river?
100. Oceans contain _________ percent volume of water.
(a) 90 percent
(b) 75 percent
(c) 96.5 percent
(d) 98 percent
101. Water is renewable resource because-
(a) it is being recycled by human beings.
(b) it is renewed and recharged through hydrological cycle.
(c) it is being renewed through reduction.
(d) it can be reused again.
102. Nagarjuna sagar Dam is built on which river?
103. Which of the following contributes approximately 22 percent of the total electricity produced
in India today?
(a) Solar power
(b) Hydroelectric power
(c) Geothermal energy
(d) Thermal power
104. The release of water from dams during heavy rains aggravated the flood situation in
Maharashtra and Gujarat in the year ________________.
105. How did the multi-purpose projects affect the local people?
(a) Large scale displacement of local communities.
(b) They gained economically.
(c) The government gave them benefits.
(d) They got housing facilities.