1. Rana Pratap Sagar Dam is located in
(d) Andhra Pradesh
2. Bamboo drip irrigation system is prevalent in
(d) Madhya Pradesh
3. Which options are true for dams?
(a) They check the sediment flow in rivers.
(b) Dams have helped provide ample water for agriculture.
(c) Dams have solved problems of drought in Central India.
(d) Dams have helped in power generation.
4. The Narmada Bachao Andolan is associated with
(a) Sardar Sarovar Dam
(b) Tehri Dam
(c) Hirakund Dam
(d) Gandhi Sagar Dam
5. The remote village that has earned the rare distinction of being rich in rainwater?
(d) none of the above
6. Name the state where almost all the houses traditionally had tankas.
(c) Tamil Nadu
7. Which of the following rivers is not having any multipurpose river project?
8. During whose reign were the dams, lakes and irrigation systems built extensively?
(b) Chandragupta Maurya
(d) None of these
9. What were ‘Guls’?
(b) Artificial lakes
(c) Diversion channels
(d) None of these
10. Tehri Dam Aandolan is mainly concerned with the state of
(d) None of these states
11. Which one of the following statements is not an argument in favor of multi-purpose river projects?
(a) Multi-purpose projects bring water to hose areas which suffer from water scarcity.
(b) Multi-purpose projects by regulating water flow help to control floods.
(c) Multi-purpose projects lead to large scale displacements and loss of livelihood.
(d) Multi-purpose projects generate electricity for our industries and our homes.
12. Which among the following is not a source of fresh water?
(a) Glaciers and ice sheets
(c) Surface runoff
13. According to Falkan Mark, water stress ocean when ____________.
(a) water availability is less than 1000 cubic meter per person per day
(b) there is no water scarcity
(c) there is flood
(d) water availability is more than 2000 cubic meter per person per day
14. Which of the following is not cause of water scarcity?
(a) Growing population
(b) Growing water intensive crop
(c) Expansion of irrigational facility
(d) Water harvesting techniques
15. Bhakra Nangal River Valley Project is made on the river-