1. Which of the following describes a system of agriculture, where a single crop is grown on a
(a) Shifting agriculture
(b) Plantation agriculture
(d) Intensive agriculture
2. Tick the characteristics of Commercial farming
(a) Plots of land are fragmented.
(b) Transport and communication plays an important role.
(c) The yield is usually low.
(d) The pressure of population is high on land.
3. Choose the correctly matched pair about the agriculture in India from the following options:
(a) Rabi crops are sown – October to December
(b) Gram – paddy crops
(c) Aus, Aman and Boro – Government schemes
(d) Kissan Credit Card – Increased the production
4. Which of the following pulses does not help in restoring soil fertility.
5. The crop that is used both, as food and fodder
(d) none of these
6. Choose the correctly matched pair about the non-food crops in India from the following
(a) Cotton – Karnataka
(b) Rubber – Assam
(c) Jute – UP
(d) Fibre Crops – Nicobar Islands
7. Which out of the following is a Zaid crop?
8. What is ‘Boro’?
(a) Kharif crop
(b) Zaid crop
(c) Rabi crop
(d) None of these
9. Jhumming in Brazil is called
(d) None of these
10. Fill in the blank:
Kharif: ______________, Rabi : barley, Zaid : watermelon
11. Which one of the following is a Rabi crop?
12. Which one of the following is a leguminous crop?
13. Which one of the following is announced by the government in support of a crop?
(a) Maximum support price
(b) Minimum support price
(c) Moderate support price
(d) Influential support price
14. Which of the following is not correct about plantation crop?
(a) In this type of farming, a single crop is grown on a large area.
(b) The plantation has an interface of agriculture and industry.
(c) Plantation cover large tracts of land called estates.
(d) Farmers clear a patch of land by felling the trees and burning them, to produce cereals and other food crops.
15. Which of the following are plantation crops?
(a) Rice and maize
(b) Wheat and pulses
(c) Tea, coffee, banana and sugarcane
(d) None of the above