46. What does HDI stands for?
(a) Human development index
(b) Human development indicator
(c) High development index
(d) Hampered development indicator
47. ___________ is a long and healthy life measured in terms of life expectancy in years.
(b) Literacy rate
(c) Comfortable life
48. Which among the following is more likely to be the developmental goal of a landless labour?
(a) To be able to visit abroad frequently
(b) More days of work with better wages
(c) To send his children in one of the best school in a nearby city
(d) To be able to buy expensive clothes from the nearby market
49. Which of the following states has the highest per capita income?
(d) Tamil Nadu
50. As per statistics of the Government of India, Infant Mortality Rate is the highest in the state of ____________.
(b) West Bengal
(c) Madhya Pradesh
51. Which of the following states has a low infant mortality rate?
52. Consider that in country A, one million children were born in the year 2005. Out of these, 50,000 children died before the age of one. What is the infant mortality rate of country A?
53. Which of the following is most likely to be a development goal for landless rural labourers:
(a) High literacy rate
(b) Highest support prices
(c) Settle the children abroad
(d) Raised Wages
54. Life expectancy at Birth means:
(a) Average expected length of life of a person at the time of birth.
(b) Average expected length of life of a person at time of death.
(c) Average expected length of a child at time of birth.
(d) None of above
55. Which one of the following countries has the largest size of illiterate population in the age group of 15 in the world.
56. What will be the top priority in the developmental goal of a landless labourer?
(a) Expansion of rural banking
(b) More days of work and better wages
(c) Metal roads for transportation
(d) Establishment of a high school
57. What will be the aspiration of an educated urban unemployed youth?
(a) An educated urban unemployed youth will aspire for better opportunities in agriculture.
(b) Support from government at every step in life for his upward movement.
(c) An urban educated unemployed will aspire for good job opportunities where his education can be made use of.
(d) Better facilities of recreation for his leisure time.
58. Pick out the correct meaning listed below to define ‘average income’.
(a) Average income of the country means the total income of the country.
(b) The average income in a country is the income of only employed people.
(c) The average income is the same as per capita income.
(d) The average income includes the value of property held.
59. Which country can be considered as a developed country in the modern world? Select your answer from the following statements.
(a) Countries which have accumulated huge amount of wealth and always secures the future of their citizens. These countries are considered to be developed.
(b) Countries which are among the highest in the ‘Human Development Index’ are considered to be the developed countries.
(c) Only rich countries are considered to be developed because people have money to buy everything needed for human beings—both material and non-material.
(d) Iran is a rich country and therefore it is a developed country.
60. Money cannot buy all the goods and services that we may need to have a good life. A list of things required for a good life is given below. Which among the following are things money cannot buy?
(i) Full protection from infectious diseases
(ii) High quality education
(iii) A luxury home
(iv) A pollution-free atmosphere in every part of the country
(a) (i) and(ii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (iv)