46. Who amongst the following had defeated Huna ruler Mihirakula? [UPPCS (Pre) 2016]
47. Chinese traveller ‘Sungyun’ was came in India in [60th to 62nd BPSC (Pre) 2016]
(A) 515 A.D. to 520 A.D.
(B) 525 A.D. to 529 A.D.
(C) 545 A.D. to 552 A.D.
(D) 592 A.D. to 597 A.D.
48. The ancient Indian play Mudra-rakshasa of Visakhadutt has its subject on [Kerala PSC (Pre) 2018 IAS (Pre) 2002]
(A) A conflict between Gods and Demons of ancient Hindu lore
(B) A romantic story of an Aryan prince and a tribal woman
(C) The story of the power struggle between two Aryan tribes
(D) The court intrigues at the time of Chandragupta Maurya
49. Read the following statements carefully
1. Gupta Emperors claimed divine rights for themselves
2. Their administration was highly centralised
3. They extended the tradition of land grants
Answer on the basis of following
[Tripura PSC (Pre) 2019 Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2008]
(A) 1, 2 and 3 are true
(B) 1 and 2 are true
(C) 1 and 3 are true
(D) 2 and 3 are true
50. The game of ‘Chess’ is said to have originated in [UP Lower Sub. (Spl)(Pre) 2004]
51. ‘Mrichchhakatika’ an ancient Indian book written by Shudraka deals with [IAS (Pre) 2003]
(A) The love affair of a rich merchant with the daughter of a courtesan
(B) The victory of Chandragupta II over the Shaka Kshatrapas of Western India
(C) The military expeditions and exploits of Samudragupta
(D) The love affairs between a Gupta King and a Princess of Kamarupa
52. Whose contribution is there in ancient Sankhya Darshan? [MPPCS (Pre) 1997]
53. The system of philosophy propounded by Kapila Muni is [UPPCS (Pre) 1998]
(A) Purva Mimansa
(B) Sankhya Philosophy
(C) Nyaya Philosophy
(D) Uttar Mimansa
54. ‘Sankhya’ Philosophy is propoun-ded by [UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
55. With reference to the history of philosophical thought in India, consider the following statements regarding Samkhya School.
1. Samkhya does not accept the theory of rebirth or transmigration of the soul.
2. Samkhya holds that it is the self-knowledge that leads to liberation and not any exterior influence or agent. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
[IAS (Pre) 2013]
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
56. Who propagated ‘Yoga Darshan’? [UPPCS (Pre) 1997, 2007 UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2002, 2003]
57. The inventor of Yoga was [Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Pre) 2007]
58. Which one of the following is not part of ‘Ashtangayoga’? [Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2015]
59. The writer of Mahabhashya ‘Patanjali’ was contemporary of [UPPCS (Pre) 2011]
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
(C) Pushyamitra Shunga
(D) Chandragupta I
60. The founder of school of Navya- Nyaya was [UPPCS (Pre) 1995]
(A) Raghunath Shiromani