1. What was the ancient name of Ujjain? [MPPCS (Pre) 1993 UPPCS (Pre) 2009]
(D) None of the above
2. Not Available ( Map Question)
3. The earliest extant coins of India were of [UPPSC (GIC) 2010]
4. The epigraphical evidence reveals that under the instructions of a Nanda king, a canal was dug in [UPPCS (Pre) 1999]
5. Matsya Mahajanapada of 6th century B.C. was located on [UPPCS (Pre) 2017]
(A) Western Uttar Pradesh
6. The ancient city is mentioned in the Mahabharata and Mahabhashya both. [RAS/RTS (Pre) 2016]
(A) Madhyamika (Nagari)
(C) Viratnagar (Bairath)
7. Who founded Pataliputra? [48th to 52nd BPSC (Pre) 2008]
8. Which ruler had made Pataliputra the capital of his empire for the first time? [42nd BPSC (Pre) 1997]
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
(B) Ashoka the Great
(C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
9. Who among the following kings had founded Pataliputra?[44th BPSC (Pre) 2000]
10. By which ruler Pataliputra was chosen as the capital for the first time? [46th BPSC (Pre) 2003]
11. The Legend of Udayin-Vasavadatta is related to [UP Lower (Pre) 2008]
12. In which century did the first Magadhan Empire rise? [42nd BPSC (Pre) 1997]
(A) Fourth Century B.C.
(B) Sixth Century B.C.
(C) Second Century B.C.
(D) First Century B.C.
13. Which one of the following was initially the most powerful city-state in India in the 6th century B.C.? [IAS (Pre) 1999]
14. Which one was not in the earlier Republic? [UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
(D) All of these
15. By whom the first republic of the world was established in Vaishali?[48th to 52nd BPSC (Pre) 2008]
16. Where was the first republican system of the world during the 6th century B.C. located?[46th BPSC (Pre) 2003]